A Beautiful Way of Living
The Basics of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Workshop
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) was originated by Marshall B.Rosenberg who dedicated his life to understanding what separates us and connects us, what brings us to violence and what brings us to resolution and peaceful coexistence.
When we identify, understand, and connect to our universal human needs and values, rather than diagnosing, blaming, criticizing, and judging, we have a much greater ability to understand one another in a way that empowers us to resolve conflict without violence.
This informative, inspiring workshop introduces a revolutionary way of thinking and speaking that is being used around the world to bring peace and connection to personal, professional, and international relationships.
Learn the language and consciousness of NVC which is also known as Compassionate Communication and change the way you think about conflict, communication, connection, and your future.
Are you ready for some personal growth, hope and profound fun?
This workshop is usually offered as a full weekend (Friday 6-8 pm, Saturday 9 am - 4 pm, and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm) training. We start with an interactive introduction followed by exercises. Our journey will take you from learning the very beginning concepts of NVC to a deeper understanding of the purpose, meaning, and implications of the tools and skills in your life and in the world. We will practice responding and communicating consciously by expressing honestly and hearing with compassion, based on an awareness of our own and other people’s needs.
Through exercises, working with real life situations, demonstrations, role-plays and more, participants will have first hand experience practicing and ultimately developing skills to bring back into their daily lives.
Some of the topics presented are:
- Observation and Evaluation
- Feelings and Thoughts
- Needs and Strategies
- Hearing "No"
- Saying "No"
- Requests and Demands
- Self Empathy
- How to give Gratitude
- 4 Ways to Respond to Hard to Hear Messages
- Giraffe Dance in Difficult Conversations
- What is NVC Consciousness
- How to Bring NVC into your Everyday Life
Some of the outcomes you may experience after the completion of this training are:
- Spending more time in connection with others (& yourself)
- Experiencing less painful and shorter conflicts
- Moving from conflict to mutual strategies
- Having more awareness of your needs, wants, and desires
- Having your needs expressed and understood
- Increasing congruence between your values and actions
- Translating judgments into dialogues and requests
- Increasing harmony and understanding among others
- Staying more centered, open, and effective in conflicts
- Having more fun, joy, and pleasure